Negotiating Strategies & Practices (HANDOUT)
Sarasota Women’s Council of Realtors Friday, August 12th 2011
Negotiating Strategies & Practices…In today’s changing and often challenging economic climate, the battle often needs to be won in our head before communication even begins.
Tips for Managing Your Own Mindset
1. Set yourself up to win…3 truths:
- My life changes when I do.
- If I don’t apply structure to my time someone or something else will!
- The only things I have control over are my own personal choices!
2. Communicate from a place of balance – RECOGNIZE WHEN:
- You are not there.
You feel mad, sad, glad or scared?
- Others are not.
3. How to stay there:
- Stop and breathe.
- Set realistic goals.
- Set up accountability with someone who actually cares whether you succeed or not.
4. When others are not:
- Parent Roles: Critical and Nurturing
- Child Roles: Natural, Adaptive and Rebellious
5. When they are not:
- Understand the heart.
- Communicate intent.
- Give grace by believing the best first.
SP Hand & Associates, Inc. is in the practice of helping individuals and organizations improve their performance. We do this through a thorough analysis of existing business processes and market research to identify: competitive landscape, key differentiators of your business, your unique value proposition, how to best leverage current resources and potential new market segments. With the assessment, we identify what you have, what you want to achieve and potential courses of action. From this information we craft a plan specific to your business and company to move you toward your desired outcomes.
Whether you are looking for external, objective advice and access to specialized expertise for a one-time project or to provide resources for longer term engagements, SP Hand and Associates, Inc. is there to bridge the gap in growing your business. “Because Your Success is Our Business”